MISSION & VISION
To make Northern Mindanao a leader in tourism development, responsive to the needs of domestic and international markets with:
• Alignment with the National Tourism Development Plan 2016 – 2022;
• Sustainable tourism destinations;
• Highly competitive and efficient workforce;
• World class facilities and services;
• Strong partnership with public and private tourism stakeholders;
• Strategic tourism networks;
• Viable and diversified tourism circuits
• Enhanced domestic and international tourism promotions
• Inclusive local growth
• Inculcation of the culture of tourism: 4 F’s (Fast, Friendly, Flexible, Forward-looking).
We envision Region 10 as a world class sustainable tourism hub that leads in social development and inclusive growth, providing excellent service, facilities, accessibility and equal opportunities while imbibing nationalism and pride of place.
The Department of Tourism, here in after referred to as the Department, shall be the primary planning, programming, coordinating, implementing and regulatory government agency in the development and promotion of the tourism industry, both domestic and international, in coordination with attached agencies and other government instrumentalities. It shall instill in the Filipino the industry’s fundamental importance in the generation of employment, investment and foreign exchange.