THE RUINS OF SAN ROQUE CHURCH
The ruins of the old Gui-ob Church or Cotta Bato are a little of what remains of 19th century Camiguin. Hailed as a national heritage treasure, the church was bult in 1623 as the parish church of San Roque and was made with coral and stone before it was half-covered by lava in the eventful eruption of Mt. Vulcan in 1871. The moss-covered convent and belfry still stand to this day and are mementos that celebrate the history and heritage of the beautiful Camiguin island.